Become a Coach
Are you wanting to volunteer to Coach or Assistant Coach for the 2023-24 Season?
Here is what you need to do:
- Please register yourself online the same way that you would have registered your child through your Hockey Canada Spordle Account. Please also indicate on your child's registration which position you are interested in.
- Please make sure that you have taken the RIS Coaches Course at : https://ha.respectgroupinc.com/secure
- Hockey Alberta has mandated that all Coaches, Asst Coaches, Trainers, Managers, that appear on the Team Sheet must have RIS Coaches
- You cannot go on the ice or the bench for any reason until this course is completed and shows on your Hockey Canada File
- Those that are on Team Rosters with Confed will be reimbursed the $31.50 for the three hour long online course – once completed forward your receipt to Melissa
- RIS Coaches is different than RIS Parents – if you are both a Parent and a Coach, you will have to do both
- Please complete a Police Check through Confed Hockey
- Confed Hockey requires a Police Check be completed each year through Confed Hockey.
- The link to your police check will be sent as your online coach/asst coach registration is reviewed.
- Police checks must be completed in full prior to go on the ice or the bench for any reason.
- Please review the Coaching Course page to confirm what courses are needed
- Locate the category you will be coaching at and review the listing of courses.
- Confed Hockey will reimburse for all required courses needed to coach on our teams.
- Once completed, please forward your receipt to Registrar
- Head Coach Application
- If you are interested in Head Coaching, please complete and submit the Head Coach Application starting May 1.
Please Note: Coaches and Assts Coaches are required to wear hockey helmets.