2021-2022 Confed Club D Programs
*Note for 2021-2022 Development will be primarily included in registration. There will still be individual goalie development and may be one day specialty clinics.
For more information, please review the Confederation Hockey Streams of Play Program.
Registration in our optional Club D programming is available for Confed Hockey Players only.
About Confed Club D
Advance the skill of the Confederation players and coaches through positive learning experiences.
What is Club D?
Confederation Hockey Club believes in the continued skill development of our players. Confederations’ Club D program is offered to every player in our organization from U7-SR Timbits to U13.
Our program focuses on skating, passing, puck handling, shooting and goaltending. Confederations philosophy is shared with and taught by our main instructors. Wade Burt (5 Time Canada West Champion, National Champion, as well as spent 4 years in the WHL including 1 WHL Title) and Ian Gordon (18 year professional playing career, all time leader in games, wins, and shutouts in DEL, WHL and AJHL Goalie Coach).
Each session has a limited number of players with an excellent player to coach ratio in an effort to grow the skill level of ALL Confederation Hockey Club players.
The mandate for Club D is NOT TO MAKE A PROFIT FOR CONFEDERATION HOCKEY.
These programs run at zero profit or are minimally supplemented by the club. The program costs are kept low to allow all families access to this training at a minimal expense.
Club D Options?
All sessions are planned appropriately for age and skill level of the attendees. Qualified instructors and practice plans are developed to ensure development of skills for all age and skill levels.
- Individual Club D (part of registration in 2021-2022, depending on Stream)– 9 or 10 week program focusing on individual skill development for each participant. (Check Website for Availability)
- Team Club D - Confed Sponsored - All Teams (part of registration in 2021-2022, depending on Stream)– Confed Sponsored for 1 Session per team in U9, U11, and U13. Shared ice practices focusing on team strategies, offensive and defensive zone tactics as well as some competition drills.
- Goalie Club D – Goaltending specific clinics are being developed by Ian Gordon of Ian Gordon Goaltending. Available as a weekly program, every two weeks program, or specialty clinic.
- Specialty Clinics – Every week we have 1-2 Specialty Clinic spots. Various topics will include but are not limited to Power Skating, Dynamic Skating with the puck, Shooting , and Puck Control. There is no pre requisite and these will be on a first come first served basis. Check the website and email for new clinics opening up.
- Coaches Club D – Coaches Club D will be offered in some of our Specialty Clinic spots. This is a FREE coaching clinic designed for coaches by coaches. Coaches will be taken through various drills and tips specific for each age and skill level. This program will benefit all coaches from first timers to the most experienced. Get the most out of your players, practices, and the season.