Club D Specialty Clinic Registration Open!
All Club D one day Specialty Clinic's have been posted on the Club D Specialty Clinic page for all clinics until the end of December!
For those Confed players in Sr. Timbits, Novice, Atom, and Peewee that are interested in these extra opportunities can register online on the Club D Specialty Clinic Registration page.
Evaluations are here!
Not sure when you start? Check the Evaluations page for the start dates!
Not sure when your next skate is and didn't get an email yet? Check the Evaluation Skate time checker!
Volunteer Sign Up - August, September
Hello Confed Hockey Families - As the 2016-17 Hockey Season begins – so do the many, many volunteer opportunities that we be available this season to help out with our great club!
August & September
- Police Check Volunteers
- Gear Sale Volunteers
- Equipment Room Volunteers
- Evaluation Volunteers
There will be many, many other opportunities throughout the year.
A reminder that ALL On Ice and On Bench Volunteers must be registered as Coaches/Asst Coaches with Confed.
2016-17 Confed Hockey Novice Tier 1 Applications now being accepted.
2016-17 Confed Hockey Club D Registration Now Open!
2016-17 Confed Hockey Registration!
2016-17 Hockey Edmonton Player Movement Process
Hockey Edmonton has sent out a Player Movement document to all the hockey clubs in the city which includes an application for those that wish to apply to the Hockey Edmonton Player Movement Committee to be considered to play for a club other than their designated club.
In effort to ensure our members have all information we wanted to make sure you were aware of this process – the deadline to apply is May 31, 2016.
2016-17 Initiation Hockey - Some Changes to Note!
Thank you for your patience in the last 6 months, as we have been meeting with the hockey associations across Edmonton, to come to a final decision on the Initiation program, as per the request of Hockey Edmonton.
For those of you who had completed the Initiation Survey sent by Hockey Edmonton, your input was appreciated and heard. With the original idea of removing all games from the initiation program, it was finalized to keep in the Senior Timbits program.
The changes to make note of:
- Discovery (Previously Initiation 1A) – this program is for brand new skaters, learning to skate with hockey equipment and incorporate hockey skills throughout the season. This will remain on Friday nights for Confed, have a paid instructor on the ice and be a 45 minute program. Ideally this will be for 2011/2012 birth years, dependent on skill level.
- Timbits Program (Previously Initiation 2A/3A) – this program has been split into two.
- The Timbits Program is for 2011/2010 birth years, but also dependent on skill level.
- Jr. Timbits
- The 1st Timbits program will be 1 hour Practice, once a week, on Saturday or Sunday – this is called Jr.Timbits. There will be a Lead Instructor on the Ice for practices, with several coaches assisting. The Lead Instructor position will rotate between the “on ice coaches”, and they will use Hockey Canada’s Initiation Program Curriculum (available for digital retrieval in the ProSmart system).
- Sr. Timbits
- The 2nd Timbits program will be two 1 hour ice times per week (on Saturday and Sunday) – 1 practice, 1 game – this is called Sr.Timbits. There will be a Lead Instructor on the Ice for practices, with several coaches assisting. The Lead Instructor position will rotate between the “on ice coaches”, and they will use Hockey Canada’s Initiation Program Curriculum (available for digital retrieval in the ProSmart system).
- During the Game session – there will be a game on each end of the rink, with the middle of the ice being used for active rest, drills the kids want to work on and unstructured small games.
We look forward to a GREAT 2016/17 Season in our Discovery and Timbits programs !
Hockey Edmonton - Novice and Atom Team Formation
Hockey Edmonton Non Body Checking Decision
Posted on Hockey Edmonton website on April 19, 2016
At their April 13, 2016 General Meeting Hockey Edmonton voted on a motion which will have an immediate, positive impact on hockey in the Bantam and Midget divisions of play.
Effective in the 2016-17 hockey season, Hockey Edmonton and its Clubs and Districts will offer body checking in the Divisions of Bantam and Midget in categories of play that participate in Provincial Championships – specifically AAA, AA, A, and B.
Bantam and Midget Tiers 1 and 2 will now be referenced as A and B respectively and compete in Hockey Alberta Provincial Championships in these categories.
All remaining categories of play in Edmonton Federation Hockey League Bantam and Midget divisions will be referenced as Community Hockey programs and renumbered accordingly (e.g. 1, 2, …).
All Community Hockey programs will be non body checking categories of play.
Confederation Hockey Annual General Meeting - April 25, 2016
Monday, April 25, 2016 - 7:30pm - Terwillegar Multipurpose Room B.
March 3, 2016 - 12th Annual Hockey Edmonton Timbits Jamboree
March 11-13, 2016 at Terwillegar.
February 25, 2016 - Enmax Hockey Edmonton Playoffs
Good Luck to all teams in the Enmax Hockey Edmonton Playoffs!
Schedules can be found on the Hockey Edmonton website under your division.
2015 Raffle Winners
Thank- you to everyone for your support of our annual Confed Hockey Raffle!
The support back to the teams and the clubs is appreciated!
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Raffle
1st – $5000.00 – Ticket Number 00498 – Tamara Buckwold
2nd – $2000.00 – Ticket Number 08951 – Greg Nash
3rd – $1000.00 – Ticket Number 06694 – Barb Neufeld
4th – $750.00 – Ticket Number 09754 – Kevin Clague
5th – $500.00 – Ticket Number 09882 – David Hartum
6th – $250.00 – Ticket Number 03745 – Dwayne Van Bavel
7th – $100.00 – Ticket Number 04449 – Al Shimoda
8th – $100.00 – Ticket Number 02687 – Larry Vadori
9th – $100.00 – Ticket Number 08594 – Chris Finch
10th – $100.00 – Ticket Number 01267 – Sukhi Brar
11th – $100.00 – Ticket Number 05916 – Melissa Brady
Holiday Food Bank Drive!
SWZ and SEERA Hockey Need YOUR Help!
Working with the City of Edmonton and the Edmonton Food Bank
SWZ and SEERA Hockey are partnering to provide support for those in need during the Holiday Season!
What: Non-‐perishable foods
Where: Donation boxes near the entrances of Terwillegar, Meadows, Millwoods, Confederation and George Hughes (SSA)
When: Donation boxes will be available for the month of December
Who: All parents, players, officials and spectators from SWZ, SEERA, SWAT, Confed, North SEERA and Millwoods
Your support is greatly appreciated during this Holiday Season!
Club D Specialty Clinic Registration open
-> click Players > Club D Specialty Clinics > Club D Specialty Clinic Reg